Denver Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Lacking the protection of an enclosed vehicle, bicyclists are vulnerable to serious injuries in a crash. In too many cases, bicycle accidents are caused by distracted or inattentive drivers who fail to yield the right-of-way or cut the bicyclist off. Speeding, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and aggressive driving can also contribute to bicycle accidents in Denver.
If you have been injured in a bike accident, call our Denver bicycle accident lawyers today at Bryan & Terrill Law, PLLC to schedule a free consultation. We handle all our cases on a contingency fee basis, which means there is no cost to you until we recover compensation on your behalf.
Why Choose Us To Represent You After a Bicycle Accident in Denver?
- Our attorneys have considerable experience helping bicycle accident victims in Colorado.
- We have secured millions of dollars in settlements and awards for our clients.
- We are well prepared and have extensive trial experience in both state and federal court.
Denver Bicycle Accident Resources and FAQs
- What are the main causes of bicycle injuries?
- Bicycle Accident Statistics
- What injuries are most common in bicycle accidents?
- Why should I hire a Denver bicycle accident lawyer?
- Contact a Bike Accident Attorney at Bryan & Terrill Today
What Are the Most Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents?
Bike accidents have a number of causes, ranging from road conditions to driver negligence. The Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center reports that nearly one-third of all bicycle accidents occur when a car strikes a bicycle. The six most common causes of bicycle accident injury are:
- Hit by a car (29%)
- Fell (17%)
- Roadway in disrepair (13%)
- Rider error (13%)
- Crash/collision (7%)
- Dog ran out in front of the bike (4%)
Bicycle Accident Statistics
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports 840 bicyclist fatalities in 2016, the most recent year for which statistics are available. This figure represents a 1.3% increase over the previous year.
In the state of Colorado alone, NHTSA reports 16 cyclist fatalities in 2016. A total of 45,000 cyclists were injured in traffic crashes in a recent year.
What Types of Injuries are Sustained in Bicycle Crashes?
As stated in the American Family Physician (AFP), every year in the U.S., bicycle accident injuries account for approximately:
- 900 deaths
- 23,000 hospital admissions
- 580,000 emergency room visits
- 2 million doctor visits
Common Injuries in Bike Accidents
Most serious bike accident injuries and fatalities result from collisions with motor vehicles. The most commonly sustained traumatic injuries in bike accidents are:
- Head: Skull fracture, concussion, brain contusion, intracranial hemorrhage
- Face and eyes: Facial fractures, dental fractures, contusions, foreign bodies in the cornea
- Musculoskeletal: Dislocations, strains, fractures
- Chest: Rib fractures, lung injury
- Abdomen: Rupture of the spleen, laceration of the liver, renal contusion, trauma to the pancreas, vascular perforation, contusion of the small or large bowel, rupture, traumatic hernia
- Genitourinary tract: Trauma to the urethra and vulva, rectal trauma, pelvic fracture
- Skin and soft tissue: Road rash, lacerations, contusions
Why Do You Need a Denver Bicycle Accident Lawyer?
In a collision with a motor vehicle, bicyclists often suffer severe injuries. After a serious bike crash, you may need extensive medical treatment and require time off work for your recovery. Our experienced Denver bicycle accident attorneys can aggressively pursue the full compensation you need to help you get back on your feet.
Contact Bryan & Terrill Today
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence, it is in your best interest to speak with a knowledgeable lawyer as soon as possible. Our experienced Denver injury attorneys at Bryan & Terrill Law, PLLC can tell you if you have a case and what damages you may be entitled to claim.