Denver Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
If you or your loved one has suffered a spinal or back injury that was someone else’s fault, call our office to schedule a consultation. Our Denver spinal cord injury attorneys Bryan & Terrill Law, PLLC have secured millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. Our attorneys know that spinal cord and back injuries can change the lives of victims forever. Back injuries can cause persistent pain, tenderness, muscle spasms, numbness, tingling, or paralysis of an extremity. Severe spinal cord injuries can cause permanent paralysis and conditions known as paraplegia or quadriplegia (tetraplegia). Thats why we make it our mission to get you the compensation you deserve.
Experienced Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
Severe spinal cord/back injury can cause paralysis or disability and impact your entire future. It is important to have an experienced personal injury lawyer by your side to help you recover compensation for all your losses, including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning potential
- In-home assistance and renovations, such as a wheelchair ramp or wider doorways
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
What Happens after a Spinal Cord Injury?
The spinal cord is a column of nerves that transmit messages from the brain to the body. When it is severely injured, it may lose its ability to receive and relay messages.
Effects of spinal cord injury can vary from person to person with the severity of the injury. Some individuals may have limited movement, function, and sensation. A person who suffers complete spinal cord injury will have no movement, function, or sensation below the point of the injury.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries?
According to the Mayo Clinic, automobile and motorcycle accidents are the most common causes of spinal cord injuries in the U.S. These accidents account for nearly half of all new spinal cord injuries every year. The other most common causes are:
- Falls: Most spinal cord injuries suffered by people age 65 and older are caused by falls, which account for more than 15% of all spinal cord injuries.
- Acts of violence: Violent acts cause approximately 12% of all spinal cord injuries, often involving knife wounds or gunshot.
- Sports and recreational injuries: Impact sports, diving in shallow water, and other athletic activities cause approximately 10% of spinal cord injuries.
- Alcohol use: Alcohol is a factor in approximately one out of every four incidents of spinal cord injury.
- Disease: Cancer, arthritis, osteoporosis, and inflammation of the spinal cord can also cause injury.
How Do Back Injuries Occur?
A serious back injury can leave the victim permanently disabled or bedridden. Even minor back injuries can cause recurring issues with long-term consequences. Injury to the back can occur in many different ways, including:
- Car accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workplace injuries
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Sports injuries
Contact Our Spinal Cord Lawyers Today
After serious spinal cord or back injuries, you will need to recover the maximum compensation available to cover your medical expenses and additional needs and to help secure your future. We offer a free initial consultation at Bryan & Terrill Law, PLLC. Contact us today at (720) 923-2333 to find out how we can help.